Company history
Milestones in the history of our company

Since the company's foundation in 1815, Weiss has transformed from a small producer of hide glue into an internationally active industrial corporation for advanced adhesive systems and composite panels.

With our passion for quality and our ambition to meet the elevated requirements of our customers, we have become a reliable partner in the market over many years.


  2013
Construction of a new warehouse for packaging material with a ground area of 1,320 m² and space for 1100 pallets

  2010
The new logistics center was built with a total surface capacity of 3,700 m²

  2008
Comprehensive expansion of the existing office complex with applications technology test center and laboratory

  2006
Foundation of Weiss USA, Monroe, North-Carolina

  2001
Acquisition of Mallok, Herzebrock, producer of building front elements and specialist in the sector of foiling technology

  1993
Acquisition of the company Pudol, producer of cleaning- and maintenance products for industry, workshop and trade

  1990
Rebuilding after the major fire of 1989

  1989
Destruction of the new production- and storage premises by a big fire

  1988/89
New building of a large production and administration block in the street "Hansastraße" in Haiger

  1984
Commencement of the forward-looking polyurethane chemistry in the adhesive field

  1983
The product pipeline is supplemented with the segment of composite panels, the production of hide glue is discontinued

1959
Beginning of the production of synthetic glues and adhesives

1955
Restarting of the hide glue production

1945
Destruction of the factory premises due to aerial bombs, the production comes temporary almost to a standstill

1910
For the trade with fertilizers, which flourishes after the inflation time, the company gets its own railway connection with its own shunter 

1905
The enterprise is converted in a Ltd., the company area is extended and two small glue factories are overtaken 

1857
Takeover of the already successful glue production company by the son of the founder, Philipp Carl Wilhelm Weiss 

1815
Philipp Carl Weiss obtains the permission to found a glue factory in Haiger, in the street  "Am Unteren Mühlenweiher"

Contact

Do you have any questions
or wish to know more? Do
not hesitate to contact us.
We will be happy to help you.

Contact page